Panchakarma is a method of cleansing the body of all the unwanted waste after lubricating it. Panchakarma are 5 (five) in number; hence the term PANCHA (five) – KARMA (procedures). Panchakarma treatment is unique in the sense that it includes preventive, curative and promotive actions for various diseases.
1. Vamanam (therapeutic emesis): induced vomiting helps clear the upper gastro till the duodenum (end of stomach) and part of the respiratory tract.
2. Virechanam (purgation): induced purgation clears the lower gastro from the duodenum (end of stomach) till the exit.
3. Anuvasana (enema using medicated oil): Oil enema helps lubricate the rectal area and take out all the lipid soluble waste out through the anus.
4. Nasyam: nasal instillation of medicated substances helps clear the respiratory tract and para-nasal sinuses.
5. Astapana Vasti (Therapeutic Decoction Enema): decoction enema cleanses the area from the transverse colon till the anus.
Department is having different compartments for different Karmas.
Facilities in the Department :
- Hospital where all the Ayurvedic procedures are carried out Separate male ward
- Female ward
- Well furnished special rooms
- Panchakarma theatres separate for male and female
- Departmental library
- Tutorial room